MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin Killed by Stingray on Great Barrier Reef

View Single Post

Old 09-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
brvheart
Flyweight

brvheart has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchy Woman
The barbs/tails are in fact coated with venom. That's where I assume the sting in their name comes from. They're not poke-rays. Re-read the 2nd paragraph on that stingray page from Wikipedia you posted... venom.

also one thing to add is they are barbed...like that of an arrow....they go in smooth....then when Steve pulled it out....it did more damage by ripping the heart out....(not the entire heart....but you know what I mean).

All in all it was a thing that when it comes down to it, and your time is up....it is up. I loved that guy, and all he did. I have heard many people say how stupid he was, and surprised he made it this long....but I loved what he stood for, the energy in which he did with and the attitude in which he did it. He knew the dangers and loved his job, we should all be as lucky to die doing something we love....just my opinion though
brvheart is offline   Reply With Quote