Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Which of these upcoming events are yuu mostly looking forward to

• UFC: JOHNSON VS. MORAGA SUN. JUL. 28

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UFC 163 SUN. AUG. 4 (Aldo vs Jung)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • UFC FIGHT NIGHT SUN. AUG. 18 (Rua vs Sonnen)

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • UFC FIGHT NIGHT THU. AUG. 29 (Condit vs Kampmann)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • UFC 164 SUN. SEP. 1 (Henderson vs Grant)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • UFC FIGHT NIGHT THU. SEP. 5 (Teixeira vs Bader)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UFC 165 SUN. SEP. 22 (Jones vs Gustafsson)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 4 12.1%

Which UFC do you most look forward to

2K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  HitOrGetHit 
#1 ·
Which UFC event are you mostly looking forward to and why ?

#9 ·
Just looking at the main events it's Aldo vs Zombie for me by a mile. Next would be Gus vs Jones I suppose. I think there are guys out there like Glover and even a Machida rematch that would present bigger problems for Jones then Gus does. But Gus does have the striking to beat Jones, I'm just not sure Jones will give us much of a chance to see it.
Even if Zombie gets destroyed by Aldo he will show the Samurai Spirit and go out in a blaze of glory. So that is pretty much can't miss entertainment.

I'd have to take a look at the undercard to see which card I'm really looking forward to the most. But the majority of those main events don't do a whole lot for me.

#22 ·
8. UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson - feels like a dumping ground for an under-card of underwhelm, top three Main Event though.

7. UFC 163: Aldo vs. Korean Zombie - I feel like this is a great card for finishes but every fight seems to be one-sided.

6. UFC on Fox Sports 1: Teixeira vs. Bader - Double Main Event in my eyes, I trust the Brazilian card to have a very strong exciting under-card.

5. UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Moraga - don't care for the main event but everything else has me intrigued.

4. UFC on Fox Sports 1: Shogun vs. Sonnen - Lots of exciting fights just missing that one great main event.

3. UFC on Fox Sports 1: Condit vs. Kampmann 2 - Love the main event and while the card lacks star power every match should be competitive with lots of finishes.

2. UFC 166: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos 3 - only three fights in and this is looking like the number one card of the year.

1. UFC 164: Henderson vs. Grant - Half the card isn't that great but the top half is amazing including the best main event with the likeliest chance at a new champion.

#23 ·
You didnt state UFC 166 but I am really looking forward to Velasquez/JDS 3. The striking aspect of the match is really interesting. Will JDS use sharp quick strikes to keep his focus on the takedown defence or Cain fully box mixing takedowns. Cain also has great boxing. His basic technique and timing is amazing.

#28 ·
I would have to look through the entire cards to give a proper answer. I don't feel like doing that though so I voted for Condit/Kampmann II as that is the mainevent I am looking forward to seeing the most.

Condit is one of my favorite fighters and I have a lot of respect for Kampmann and it is a rematch of a great and close fight from several years ago that either guy could win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.