MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Brian Stann retires from MMA

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Dang this sucks. I really liked Brian Stann.

I would have liked to see him fight 3-4 more times against interesting opponents. Did he fight Wanderlei at 205?? If so then Stann could have had some good match ups considering the broader array of opponents he could fight at 185/205 combined. He could have probably made 300k to 400k if he fought 3-4x in the year and then retired. I know Dana likes the guy and when Dana talks about Stann he talks him up like nobodies business. I remember him saying that Stann will be a superstar in the sport.

Well best of luck to him and his last fight was amazing to watch. He is one of the few guys left in the UFC that liked to put on good fights. It seems those guys are all retiring 1 by 1. I hope the Fertitas or Dana find him a job with the company and allow him to keep earning. I think Stann has a foundation that helps veterans find work??? Would be a shame if he didnt have a good enough income to keep supporting that.