MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anthony Pettis Says no one knows who Josh Thomson is.

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmdM View Post
I'm a MMA fan, but i only follow the UFC promotion iwth real commitment.
Does that make me less of a fan?
I have a life and unfortunately i┤ve got work to make a decent living...

But yeah, at least i know who josh thomson is.
Everybody works. It's not like Thompson was fighting in small organizations in meaningless fights. He was in the UFC back when Pettis was in High School and has been in multiple title fights and was a ranked fighter long before Pettis.
If you are an MMA fan and have been for any amount of years, you would have to go out of your way to not know Josh Thompson. His trilogy with Gilbert Melendez are some of the more well known fights that didn't take place in the UFC. The latest fight wasn't long ago and I would say more then half of the people that watched it felt he won that fight. There aren't a ton of fighters that even get consideration for world rankings outside the UFC but Josh Thompson was one of those guys. He has had some bad luck with injuries but his name has been out there for years.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote