MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anthony Pettis Says no one knows who Josh Thomson is.

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey

Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellholming View Post
nah, I think you just need to speak for yourself.

btw, how could you know who Thompson is, a guy who has accomplished nothing, but not Thomson?
I can never forget James Thompson because of that disgusting ear blister thing he had. Also, in terms of fame, James has technically accomplished more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
I think you'd have to be very new to MMA or just not like MMA enough to watch all that often to not actually know who Thomson is. Which since the sport is growing is not out of the question. But Pettis sounds like a an idiot saying no one knows who Thomson is, plain and simple. I don't think being a noob or too casual for anything other then UFC once in a while is all that good of a reason to act like that is not the case.

Both of you (Ou) hold "MMA fan" in a very high regard, or you greatly overestimate the number of fans MMA has. Most MMA fans, and yes, for you elitists, this includes all UFC fans, have never heard of Josh Thomson, other than the Diaz fight. Most of the target market for the UFC watches the fights casually, because it is popular. They have drinks, talk with friends, and pick up girls while they watch fights in bars. This is what the UfC makes money from. This is the actual typical viewer. not you. Definitely not OU. The true average fan watches Silva fight "some guy" last week. I don't think hardcore fans realize how insignificant they are. The UFC lives off fans who have no idea who 95% of their roster are.