MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anthony Pettis Says no one knows who Josh Thomson is.
View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
Thanks bro and I agree with the elitist attitude being good for nothing.

As I said before I just didn't remember who he was. Once I googled it and saw the picture I remembered him. It's more about being a name, a household name, which Thomson is so far from it isn't funny. I do not make a point of remembering fighters names. They have to make the impression on me then I will know their name. Hell I worked for 2 months with these 3 new girls at work and just figured out their names last week.

Exactly! The fact the I don't memorize fighters names doesn't mean I don't watch a shit ton of mma. It just isn't important to me.
I am similarly terrible with names but don't have problems so much with MMA guys once I have seen them fight a few times because it gets said so often during the fights. There is a reason why I got in the habit of calling demetrious johnson Mighty Mouse; I couldn't remember his real name until having seen him fight many times.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome