MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anthony Pettis Says no one knows who Josh Thomson is.

View Single Post

Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #43 (permalink)
osmium
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful

osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
Thanks bro and I agree with the elitist attitude being good for nothing.

As I said before I just didn't remember who he was. Once I googled it and saw the picture I remembered him. It's more about being a name, a household name, which Thomson is so far from it isn't funny. I do not make a point of remembering fighters names. They have to make the impression on me then I will know their name. Hell I worked for 2 months with these 3 new girls at work and just figured out their names last week.

Exactly! The fact the I don't memorize fighters names doesn't mean I don't watch a shit ton of mma. It just isn't important to me.
I am similarly terrible with names but don't have problems so much with MMA guys once I have seen them fight a few times because it gets said so often during the fights. There is a reason why I got in the habit of calling demetrious johnson Mighty Mouse; I couldn't remember his real name until having seen him fight many times.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote