MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anthony Pettis Says no one knows who Josh Thomson is.

View Single Post

Old 07-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
GDPofDRB
Welterweight

GDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
It's not about "true" fans, it's about who make the UFC the most money and that's the masses who are rather casual fans and not those few who spend several hours a day in MMA internet forums.
I understand the dynamics of the UFC garnering revenue.

I don't understand the apparent willingness to brush aside the entire community of non trendy, noob or casual MMA fans like their perspective on MMA has no merit or validity, like people have not been interested in and watching MMA the past 20 years, like MMA only began at the TUF 1 finale or when Brock Lesnar decided he wanted to attempt MMA. Comments like Pettis's and the reaction it gets even at a place like this, a place full of people who are big enough MMA fans to actually discuss it with some level of knowledge, begin to epitomize that sentiment. I can get why some are sensitive or defensive, but to me it becomes clear that if you don't know who Josh Thomson is, you are either new to the sport or have only a marginal interest in MMA.