MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: Rory MacDonald Blew His Chance to Become a Contender at UFC on Fox 8

View Single Post

Old 07-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
guycanada
Bantamweight

guycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Ellenberger would have knocked him out if he tried to actually exchange with him. We saw that Rory had worse wrestling and power so that was his way to win. Rory didn't win by being more technical that is nonsense he squeaked by with not engaging and Ellenberger being too worried about gassing to spend the amount of energy it would take to constantly chase him and fight inside.

Dana giving bad advice to fighters again. Rory isn't some destroyer like Bones he needs to fight smart if he wants to beat the dangerous fighters at the top of WW.
Ellenberger did absolutely nothing, I saw the fight live and he was swinging and missing... Rory wasn't running either.. He used distance and those jabs were backing Ellenberger up. With the quiet lulls of the crowd between the boo's you could hear the snap of that hard jab and how it was breaking Ellenberger... Good for rory not to rush in like a rookie and stick to his game plan..didnt fall for the pressure of the boo, the pressure of the Ellenberger trash talk, or the pressure of the title shot..pretty composed for a 24/25 yr old

Ufc Fight Night: Davis Vs Nogueira, Ufc 131, Ufc 143, Ufc 148, Ufc on Fox 5, Ufc 156, Ufc on Fox 8
-----

Chael Sonnen - "I was in public office, and I left public office the only way a person should..In Handcuffs"
guycanada is offline   Reply With Quote