MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Georges St-Pierre Defends Rory MacDonald and Says, "I'm not fighting Rory"

View Single Post

Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Rory, who has always fought to put away his opponent and has given us some truly brutal finishes, fights smart for the first time in his career and completely neutralizes a man whom very few have been able to neutralize. And because it wasn't sexy, keyboard warriors are calling him 'GSP 2.0' and a 'boring fighter'. It just goes to show that MMA fans are as big a pack of fickle morons as the professional wrestling fans they claim to dislike so much.

Rory utilized a strategy, and he shut down Jake Ellenberger - an always dangerous opponent - with minimal effort. Yeah... what a rotten guy. How dare he try and take minimal damage against a guy who scrambles brains for a living. I'll not be happy until every fighter is suffering from brain damage! Just bleeeeed!
That fight was boring as hell. There's absolutely nothing entertaining or fun about that fight. It was watching a guy stand there doing nothing while another guy casually jabs him in the face for 3 rounds without doing anything to even remotely try to finish it or put him in danger.

There's a reason everyone was booing in the arena, why people discussing the fight all over the place found it boring, why Dana found it boring - it was boring. Rory did what he had to do to win, in an extremely boring and uninteresting fashion.

It has nothing to do with "just bleed", he could have had a great ground fight where they go for subs and have a fun ground fight with little strikes and it would have been great. One guy standing there doing nothing and the other guy not doing anything to capitalize on it except throw a few jabs is balls when you pay $50 to see them fight.

You can say that he's been exciting in other fights and I'd agree, but that doens't mean that he's invulnerable to having a crappy fight and putting on a performance that could cure insomnia, that fight sucked.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

*READ/IMPORTANT*
M.C is online now   Reply With Quote