MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Intense Jones vs. Gustafsson Stare Down (GIF)

View Single Post

Old 07-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gustafsson Fan
Flyweight

Gustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud of
This fight wont go 5 full rounds!
It is wrestler vs boxer IMO and so eventually one guy will be able to turn it into his fight and keep mauling the other guy down.

I do not think we will see a repeat of Cain Velasquez vs JDS 2 here where JDS was really punished but still managed to go the full 5 rounds. Gustafsson has too much striking power against Jones chin and Jones has too much ground and pound against Gus bottom game IMO. Whoever gets the advantage will be able to finish it inside of the 5 rounds

Even better is, I think of all the rematches we might get in 2014. If GSP and Jones loses their belts I think they would like immediate rematches.

p.s. A few weeks ago I used to think Jones would win this fight but with Gus also having a decent but smaller change. Now I I am shifting opinion. Gus looks content in this staredown. I think he deeply believes he can win this instead of just struggling to believe it. It could mean he wont get intimitated when they fight and can fight his fight. Weidmans win is probably inspiring for all the other title challengers out there.
Gustafsson Fan is offline   Reply With Quote