MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Intense Jones vs. Gustafsson Stare Down (GIF)

View Single Post

Old 07-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gustafsson Fan
Flyweight

Gustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
Yes I am aware which is why I also said:

JBJ uses kicks more consistently than almost anyone at LHW. While he isn't throwing KO headkicks or punshing leg kicks a la Shogun, he uses them to keep distance. Because of this JBJ will also have a reach advantage in kicks as well. When he kicks he does it from further away because his end goal is to create distance rather than punish and hurt.

Gus may surprise me, but I really think that JBJ will create even more doubt for any future contenders off of how easily he will handle him.
I think you absolutely miss the point.

- Jones kicks for controlling the distance does not work if opponent has longer legs . He cannot throw a sidekick or knee cap kick without risking being hit himself. Jones starts these attacks from outside of the opponents reach which he can never ever do vs gus since Gus has longer legs.

- Jones cannot put his hands in front of Gus face because from that range Gus will only be one small step outside of punching range (and Gus has great footwork). Furthermore Gus will be inside kicking range when Jones is inside Jab or "finger in eyes" range. I think Gus could gamble abit on low kicks like Machida did.

- Knees will be harder to land for Jones than usual since Gustafsson is very tall.
Gustafsson Fan is offline   Reply With Quote