MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones is not evolving anymore

View Single Post

Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Don$ukh
Flyweight

Don$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level now
Jones range lets him execute unorthodox strikes and partly because his opponents defend too much and are cautious of his takedowns. He has amazing standup because of his range.
Pettis is a world class striker but he doesnt have the range of Jones yet he is dominant in striking.

I think top strikers in MMA cannot be classed the same because every standout striker have personal physical attributes they evolved to be a level ahead of the normal calibre.
I fully expect Jones to get better then his level through learning better footwork, combinations, body memory and striking IQ. All MMA fighters are still evolving in all disciplines.

I personally think Mousasi is a guy who is very evolved in striking and could beat Jones standing.
Franklin,Gouveia,Maia,Kharitonov,Hunt,Liddell,Pari syan,Hardy,Shlemenko,Machida,Gomi,Bustamante,Evans ,Edgar,Hathaway,Bonnar,Murray,S.Carter,Ludwig,Pett is,K.Gill,Sobral,Mousasi,D.Cruz,Arona,Nogueiras,Co te,Ole Laursen,Kawajiri,Sakuraba & K1 Lebanner!
Don$ukh is offline   Reply With Quote