MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tito Ortiz vs Rampage Jackson PPV

View Single Post

Old 08-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
GDPofDRB
Welterweight

GDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Bellator is relevant, Rampage vs Tito is not. Yet in a Rampage vs Tito thread, you say you hope it pulls good numbers so the UFC can get some relevant competition.

Bellator is relevant competition and can continue to be so, but this particular fight will not be a big player in that.
Yeah, I don't disagree on the Rampage vs Tito thing. With these two something dangerous is the injury bug. Thing could be bad no doubt and not out of the question at all with these two.

The fight itself is more for casuals or noobs anyways I think in that obviously most solid fans know these two have seen their championship glory days come and go. I'm glad it's happening and can't wait to see it but this is a UFC-like move to sell names over good fights as a headline. I have no doubt the UFC would book this has a co-main or even main event today if both of these guys were under their wing still. Look how weak 161 or 163 cards are. They would promote these two names over their champions easy the same way so it's not a surprising business move to get all they can out of the names and it will likely work to a small degree.

But for me, what I'm really looking forward to the most is how they stack the rest of the PPV card and Spike prelims. For me, that is where the real beef is for this card. A lot of good options and exciting fighters to pick from. The card as whole is what has my interest piqued, the main event will be an after thought to what comes before. Something that can pay dividends with more of the good fights and nice finishes BFC fights often produce, just gotta make the matchups.