MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay Thai or TKD

View Single Post

Old 06-10-2007, 03:07 AM   #59 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter

Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by taadland
no actually i didn't read any of the other posts, just the topic..and all i have is one reason...HAVE YOU EVER SEEN RAMON DEKKERS FIGHTS? come on man. plus the question was TKD or Muay Thai, it's just a throw in that TKD won't work in MMA. what's your reasons that it can be used cause i've got to believe you're one of the very very few that actually believe that bullshit. and name one fighter in mma that states their fighting style as TKD, they would be the laughed at and humiliated. and you list your fav. fighter as anderson silva, a muay thai fighter so i would beleive you're just tryin' to spark more intellegence from me, and all i gotta say again is RAMON DEKKERS.
Well, I don't care if you throw names around. It means absolutely nothing to me. I'm asking you for technical reasons for why you believe that it can't work. And keep in mind that, just because something hasn't worked as of late, doesn't mean that it never can. I want to hear specific reasons, because I'm an actual practitioner of martial arts. And as such, I like to discuss the techniques. If I was talking about sambo, and someone says "it's good 'cause...well look at Fedor!!!" ... Well, while I do agree that he uses it very well, that isn't enough for me.

Anyway, I wouldn't argue that TKD is more effective than Muay Thai simply because it doesn't practice clinch fighting. If not for that, I don't believe that a good TKD fighter would be utterly screwed against a Muay Thai practitioner. Well...that and conditioning. But again, I ask that you supply legitimate reasons. In fact, I challenge you to respond without saying the name 'Ramon Dekker.'
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote