MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator welterweight champ Ben Askren has no fights left on his contract

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Askren finished his last two fights, which is more than what the current UFC WW champ can claim. He is also undefeated and has easily beaten everyone thrown at him, but of course his talent level is being wasted at the level of competition Bellator can offer him.
I was going to say, let's not act as though Ben is facing anywhere near the talent GSP is. To even compare the two is laughable. I'd be willing to bet 99.5% of this forum hasn't even heard of Ben's last two opponents. And I'm more than positive that GSP would have more finishes UFC title contenders consisted of the likes of Andrey Koreshkov and Jay Hieron.

I want Ben in the UFC just so I don't have to hear him run his mouth about being the best WW out there anymore. But even mentioning him in the same breath as GSP is just flat out silly.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote