MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator welterweight champ Ben Askren has no fights left on his contract

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Liddellianenko
KO artist

Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
I am one of those who believe that unless you are fighting in the UFC you probably are not facing the best in the world on a consistent enough basis. I fully believe that with Askren as well, but he is finally starting to show some evolution to his game. Sure, bring him over, lets find out how good his wrestling really is. There are some monsters in the UFC who I think can stop his shot and put him in bad situations.

Askren vs Shields for sleeper (get it?) fight of the year!
I don't think anyone short of GSP or Koscheck is stopping his shot in the UFC WW div.

Condit, Diaz, Maia and Shields would all be dangerous from their backs even after being taken down though.

Lawler, Kampmann, Saffediene, and Rory are getting taken down and beat up all night. Ellenberger might make it competitive but I still think Askren out wrestles him.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote