MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator welterweight champ Ben Askren has no fights left on his contract

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
joshua7789
Super Heavyweight

joshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Askren finished his last two fights, which is more than what the current UFC WW champ can claim. He is also undefeated and has easily beaten everyone thrown at him, but of course his talent level is being wasted at the level of competition Bellator can offer him.

I think talent wise he is easily the #2 WW in the world, if not ranking or record wise quite yet.

I would really like to see him in the UFC but doubt it will happen easily, given the Alvarez situation.
Hieron gave him a pretty good fight and he clearly didnt fair well in the UFC. Don't get me wrong, I love Bellator (Michael Chandler is one of my favorite fighters), but it is an incredibly top heavy organization when it comes to there talent level. There are a few really talented guys and then a bunch of no name cannon fodder types. I would love to see how Askren would fair against the top WW's in the world.
joshua7789 is offline   Reply With Quote