Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Viscardi Andrade VS

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Bristol Marunde

Votes: 2 20.0%

***OFFICIAL*** UFC 163 Prelims Thread

3K views 51 replies 21 participants last post by  joshua7789 
#1 ·

Preliminary card - FX (Facebook for international viewers)
Vinny Magalhaes vs. Anthony Perosh
Sheila Gaff vs. Amanda Nunes
Neil Magny vs. Sergio Moraes
Ian McCall vs. Iliarde Santos

Preliminary card - Facebook
Josh Clopton vs. Rani Yahya
Robert Drysdale vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
Viscardi Andrade vs. Bristol Marunde​

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice debut for Andrade. I like how he showed patience once dropping Bristol and didn't just get overzealous right away by going straight for the finish. He showed a patient game and picked his shots at the right time which led to a TKO win.

#13 ·
What a weird fight for Yahya. I'm guessing they are trying to give him an easy win in Brazil.

EDIT: Another fight where a guy is clearly down on the score cards, but doesn't do much to try and finish the fight. Clopton was getting dominated for the first two rounds, but then manages to get top position in round 3 which leads to him just laying on Yahya for a moment before letting him back up to his feet. I get it that Yahya has a way better ground game, but they say Cloptons ground and pound is his best weapon. He didn't even attempt any ground and pound. If he was nervous about Yahya's grappling, fine, but don't just let him back up just to do nothing on the feet. Tired or not, where is the urgency in these guys? It's like they are just content to lose a decision. "Well, he couldn't finish me so I can hold my head up high because of that." Clopton could have very well been fighting for his job too. Blah, end rant haha.

#15 ·
Good decision. Glad to see McCall get his first official win in the UFC.

#20 ·
Amanda Nunes looked like a beast with those elbows. Hopefully she continues to do well because we need more contenders in the women's division.

#22 ·
I expect Vinny to beat Anthony comfortably, though he did look awful against Davis. He needs to get this one to the ground. Fortunately for him, Perosh doesn't have the wrestling that Davis has so Vinny should be able to take him down.

On a side note, I did not realize that Perosh is 40 years old.

EDIT: Wow, nevermind. Vinny just can't take punishment it seems. You can't cure a weak chin.

#26 ·
Wasn't as bad as what I said, haha. I love how Perosh celebrated and the crowd was just completely silent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.