MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Things that Grind Your Gears!

View Single Post

Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f'ing hatreds.

Uninformed people who refuse to accept anything contradicting their superficial knowledge
This happens a lot in my field. People who refuse to get vaccinated, people who don't like the 'bad chemistry', homeopathy is proven to be milder and more effective, blah blah blah. Well, guess what, you just bought 20ml of salt diluted to the point where impurities make up a bigger percentage of the product than the active agent to cure your baby's diabetes. And these aren't just normal people, there are doctors who believe this shit. These assholes should have their licenses revoked.
Love this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
Improper Grammer that will never be fixed

I know Its Kind of ridiculous but It really gets to me for example.

1.about 95% of the people I encounter mix up Jealous and envious when they say things like "your Just jealous" or "I am so jealous."The correct definition is:
If you are Jealous you have something and are afraid of lousing it "a Jealous husband/wife"
If someone else has something and you want it you are envious "green with envy"
Please do me a favore and start using these words correctly

2. Another is Hung vs Hanged. Hung may be the past tense of hang but when someone was/or is to be excited by hanging he was/or is to be Hanged dammit!!! I will never forget when I was in under grad political science and my professor was talking about a historical figure and said he was hung immediately On reflex I went hanged!!!! underneath my breath. I remember thinking oh F*** this is a professor in a pretty prestigious university and after all his schooling he didn't know Hanged from Hung and not only that but he is teaching university student the improper grammar. Luckily he didnt hear me

3, And Lastly and the one that gets me the most is "I could care less" vs "I couldn't care less". When people dont care about something many times they say "I could care less about ____" My mind goes nuts when I here this.It doesn't make any sense. Oh you could care less that must mean you care about it a great deal because there is a lesser ammout you could care. "No I could care less about ____" WTF Please Just use correct grammar and say "I couldn't care less" because that is the phrase that truly describes your feelings.
Holy Jesus is this annoying. Read that shit alot on this forum and hear it on TV a fair deal too. Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
People listening to these songs on full volume on public transport. Or actually anybody listening to anything on max volume on public transport.
If you wanna **** your ears, please continue to do so but get yourself noise cancelling headphones (or whatever they're called) or I and everyone else on the train will murder you. Thank you.
Yeah thats just evil shit right there. Its incredibly rare for someone to actually be playing good music while they do this. Agree on this too!

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote