Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Kickboxing is boring.

6K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Rush 
#1 ·
:thumbsdown: I was watching one next thing i know im sleeping. I dontt see how anyone can watch it. Just like boxing. There no knock out unless some gets really and i mean really lucky kick.

#2 ·
yeah it's pretty boring.......kicking and punching.
mma is much better in my opinion.

#3 ·
That doesn't change what its worth for fighting. Watch some mauy-thai competitions and you'll change your mind pretty quick. The American and European kickboxers are too conservative, the muay-thai boxers go all out, knees and elbows and all.

#12 ·
Yeah, when you get a chance check out doublelegtakedown's link or just go to youtube.com and run a search on you're own. As for your dial-up, I can't help you with that.

#14 ·
IronMan said:
The thai guys know how to push the tempo of a fight. No offense to the Brits on this forum, but your kickboxers are dull.
none taken, the only thing we're good at is bowls!9 the old biddy game)
but about kick boxing, that was what got me into the ufc and mma, my brother in law is a kick boxer and he took me to a world tornament, loved it from then!:thumbsup:

#15 ·
Actually, I rarely find too many kick boxing contests boring. Then again, neither do I find many boxing contests boring either. If you take it in context to what they are, and accept the fact that they are one-dimensional, it's not too bad.

Now Baseball... That I find boring, but that's a different subject all together.

BTW--Usually the worst thing I find about the kick boxing events that they air on ESPN is that they're usually terribly dated, up to 2 years old.

#18 ·
I think the thread starter thinks kid boxing sucks after watching Mike Hominick yesterday. Sure, Mike Hominick sucks and made kickboxing look like a woman sport but actually it is a pretty good sport and its almost the same as UFC except lesser grappling and punching.

#19 ·
IronMan said:
That doesn't change what its worth for fighting. Watch some mauy-thai competitions and you'll change your mind pretty quick. The American and European kickboxers are too conservative, the muay-thai boxers go all out, knees and elbows and all.

Ya Ironman i agree with you about the europenan style. But really it's true Muay thai Is super exciting in my opinion. Their always landing knees and elbows and their kicks are insane. they don't use the shin guards either. So if they land a kick boy it'll hurt. WOW i love watching Muay Thai It's not boring at all. Just Take a Look at it. It should change your mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.