MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #3576 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud German View Post
Maybe there are ways around making it APPEAR more interesting and tactic based, but these games do not have my interest and never will to be frank with you my friend. I have not played Battlefield but I have heard of it, it appears to be another first person shooter, but maybe it's an exception to the rule, I do not know.

I have a friend who is left handed like me and extremely intelligent at video games. He is what they call a 'hardcore gamer' and he found Last Of Us very difficult on Hard Mode, so I do not know where you get this idea that other games require more skill, it is very confusing to me

ESPECIALLY online, have you played it online? How can you say it does not take strategy and skill when it clearly does? You should play me online and then see what happens.

The weapon crafting system in that online mode makes things very interesting as opposed to picking up a grenade launcher or something.
Anyone can go shoot a ball in a net and say "look at this, I can get the ball in the net just like those pro basketball players on TV, what's the big deal?". I can go outside and play some football with a few friends, make some touchdowns, does that mean I'm ready to go join the NFL? There is a group of players on FPS games/fighting games/strategy games/etc, that are above the natural "skill" level of everyday gamers that play those genres for fun. These guys go 60-0 on a regular CoD match where as everyone else goes 15-6.

The only thing I find funny is when people who play games call themselves athletes. If you play games in a competitive setting, you're not an athlete, you're a person participating in an activity who happens to be playing against other people. Chess players aren't athletes, people who play magic the gathering in a tournament setting aren't athletes, having a joystick in your lap as you sit on your ass playing Ryu against some other guy with some people around you watching doesn't make you an athlete, you're just some dude playing a video game in a tournament setting, it's an activity.

As for what I'm playing... well, I'm actually just waiting for SR4 and Splinter Cell to come out.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote