MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Chris Weidman: Anderson Silva Is Beatable, Not A Mythical Creature

View Single Post

Old 08-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
You are telling me that you don't lose a little of that focus and hunger when you are at the top and fame and all the external stuff comes into play? I'm not making excuses Cw won that fight , I'm just saying the rematch should be a measuring stick to see how great he is. There is an interview where he talks about pressure, losing the belt, mistakes, losing focus,etc.
I hate to quote Rocky but "It isn't about how hard you can get hit. It is about how hard you can get hit and get back up!" Very true. There are a lot of fighters that once they lose at their peak they tend to never really return to form. Whether that is their skills just aren't there, or the new breed is better than the old and so what used to be amazing is more routine now, either way the result is the same.

I agree, this rematch will be very telling. Weidman could win but AS still show us that he is still at that level, but if he get skunked it will be very telling.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote