MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay Thai or TKD

View Single Post

Old 06-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #82 (permalink)
TheNegation
Banned

TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg
It's unimportant to me whether TKD would be effective in mma or a street fight. I do it for the conditioning, which is excellent, and the speed, balance and agility I mentioned before. someone said it's all in how you train, which I agree with wholeheartedly.
So why not do a martial art that is effective and condition yourself at home?
In all my experience of martial arts, the only training that pushed me as far as conditioning went was boxing, and first thing I had to do when walking in there for what I thought webe some easy training was 200 press ups, never mind the cardio workout. I don't mean to badmouth your TKD training or anything, but when I was doing it the conditioning was piss, less difficult even than the kickboxing place I went to.
I am doing thai boxing now, twice a week, and the only people who find it difficult are the people I know do not train outside of the few times they goduring the week.
You do not need to pay a TKD instructor to have good coonditioning...
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote