Kelvin Gastelum vs Paulo Thiago
Donald Cerrone vs Danny Castillo
Rafael Dos Anjos vs TJ Grant
Martin Kampmann vs Josh Koscheck
Carlos Condit vs Matt Brown

See less See more
#2 ·
Top 10 fights to make

10. Martin Kampmann vs Mike Peirce, Kampmann is on a two fight skid and Peirce is fighting on the prelims but they are realistically 5 spots removed from each other in the rankings.

09. Brad Tavares vs Rich Franklin, whatever happened to the Frankinator anyways Tavares is actually 5-1 in the UFC and is only 25 years old. He's on a four fight win streak and he should be fighting for a title after 6 which means a big push up the ladder. Tavares/Franklin could be a main event...maybe even hold it in Hawaii.

08. Bubba McDaniels vs Mike Swick, seeing as how Bubba's Jones caddy give him Mike Swick and see him get finished in 15 seconds.

07. Takeya Mizugaki vs George Roop both seem to be at the same level skill wise and I would enjoy seeing one of them lose.

06. Donald Cerrone vs Jamie Varner III time to complete the trilogy this time in the UFC.

05. Darren Elkins vs loser of Guida/Mendes or in other words Clay Guida. I say give Guida wrestler after wrestler after wrestler till he retires.

06. Robert Whitaker vs Amir Sadollah, just keep the TUF matches going, I think Whitaker KO's Amir but I think it will be fun to watch.

05. Brandon Thatch vs Viscardi Andrade, at first I thought of giving him a big name but then I realized I want to see more prelim violence. In a perfect world Thatch can rack up a Mirko Cro-Cop esque highlite reel before he breaks into the top of the division.

04. Court McGee vs Mike Pyle, This is a battle of the opener vs the closer with the winner staying relevant in the greatest division in sports.

03. Kelvin Gastelum vs Jake Ellenberger, if Matt Serra were a wrestler he would be Kelvin Gastelum, he's a squirrely young finisher and I feel like the UFC should embrace him as a future champion. Kelvin is the type of guy that can expose Jake's weaknesses and force him to reevaluate the beach muscles and cardio and drop down to 155. The UFC needs to build stars and Kelvin could be a star.

02. Rafael Dos Anjos vs Gilbert Melendez, I'm not sold on RDA Gil's kinda of just floating along win or lose to Sanchez I think this fight makes sense and sets the scene for which guy the UFC should push to a title fight.

01. Carlos Condit vs Matt Brown, Brown is a win away from a title fight, Condit is the UFC underboss make that fight.

#3 ·
Hioki Vs Yahya. I say give him one more chance to improve his cardio and wrestling plus this could be a good grappling match

Elkins Vs Silver 2

Condit Vs Brown

Tavares Vs Winner of Costa/Carmont

Mizugaki Vs Assuncao

Dos Anjos Vs Thomson

Whittaker Vs Loser of Krauss/Lim

McGee Vs Winner of Lim/Krauss

#5 ·
Zak Cummings vs. Caio Magalhaes: A nice submission for Cummings in his first post-TUF fight, though I’m still not sold on him, and don’t think he’ll stick around too long. I’d give another who has shown mixed performances – Caio Magalhaes looked awful in his UFC debut, but rebounded to submit Karlos Vemola in his most recent fight.

Jason High vs. Sean Pierson: High rebounded well from a quick defeat to Erick Silva, and is now 4-1 in his most recent Zuffa career. It is also pleasing to see he has finished his most recent 2 wins in less than 2 minutes. Still don’t think he’s ready for a main card appearance, but I’d give him a more well known name and a sterner test – Sien Pierson has quietly put together a 3 fight win streak, and the winner could push onto bigger tests.

Darren Elkins vs. Dennis Siver: With the solid win over Hioki, Elkins is now an impressive 6-1 since dropping to featherweight, although the lack of finishes is what is holding him back. You can’t argue with the record, and he deserves a top 10 FW next. Dennis Siver is coming off of a loss to top ranked contendor Cub swanson, and a fight between the two would shoot the winner back into title contention.

Brandon Thatch vs. Paulo Thiago: The welterweight division is looking fantastic with prospects like Rory MacDonald, Gunnar Nelson, Erick Silva and now Brandon Thatch. Although I’d lovw to see him fight Erick Silva, it was just his UFC debut, and a slower path for him would be more sensible. Paulo Thiago is a solid name coming off of a victory earlier this year, and it would have the potential to be a great fight.

Dylan Andrews vs. John Howard: Andrews is never going to be a contender in the UFC, but he is a fun fighter to watch, and I’d get the most out of him by giving him another striker. John Howard just got a good win over Uriah Hall last week, so let’s see how Hall’s cast mate can do.

Brad Tavares vs. Lorenz Larkin: Tavares has now put together a 4 fight win streak to go with his 6-1 UFC record. This is great for a middleweight, and although not always the most pleasing to watch, he deserves a step up in competition than fighting TUF rejects. Lorenz Larkin is a former Strikeforce title challenger, and coming off a very controversial decision loss, and would be a good test for Tavares.

Takeya Mizugaki vs. Brad Pickett: After years of rotating between wins and losses, Mizugaki has finally put together a 3 fight win streak, even though his most recent 2 were split decisions. He’s a solid test for anyone in the division, and I think he’d be a good fight to see how Brad Pickett can bounce back from his defeat last week.

Court McGee vs. Gunnar Nelson: McGee seems to have found his home at welterweight, with a dominand win over Neer followed by a razor thin decision over Whittaker yesterday. He is another that will never challenge for the title, but is a tough fight for anybody. Gunnar Nelson is a highly touted prospect, and a think a fighter like McGee will see what Nelson is really made of.

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Dan Miller: After not making much of an impression on TUF until the latter rounds, Gastelum has looked great. He has heavy hands and solid wrestling, much like contender Johnny Hendricks. At just 21 years old, if he is built up correctly, he could be a contender in a few years. Dan Miller is a well-rounded veteran who could cause Gastelum problems, but who is also very beatable.

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Edson Barboza: Dos Anjos put himself in the title picture with his 5th straight win, including wins over Cerrone, Dunham, Bocek & Njokuani. However, with all the mentioned above being decision wins, he needs a finish before he is seriously considered for title shot. Anothey guy in search of a title shot is Barboza, who is 6-1 in the UFC and who is a finisher. Itcould bring the best out of Dos Anjos.

Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown: After a few poor fights, Condit was finally back to his old self in stopping Kampmann by TKO. He is still a top 10 fighter, and showe that if put with the fight opponent, he can still put on a show. Matt Brownhas demolished his opponents during his 6 fight win streak, and on paper a fight with Condit would be a great show.

#8 ·
I do not want to see brown vs condit. For the main reason, i want to see brown get a title shot. Condit will knock him back to the prelims. I think its time for rory vs condit. I believe this will be one more moment for carlos to show his growth, then give him his redemption vs whoever is holding that belt.

#10 ·
Condit vs. Saffiedine
- I understand the appeal of a fight with Brown but I think it would make sense for Brown to fight the Maia/Shields winner for a title shot. Condit is on a one fight win streak while Brown has won 6 in a row.

Kampmann vs. Pyle

dos Anjos vs. Thomson

Cerrone vs. Lauzon

Gastelum vs. Thiago

Mizugaki vs. Assuncao

#11 ·
I wouldn't tmind boring tarec being taken down a nitch, kelvin will crush thiago, thomson vs dos anjos has dull written all over it but it makes sense

#18 ·
So basically how you predict fights or analyze them (I use analyze loosely) is if fighter A hasn't beaten a guy as good as fighter B. Then of course fighter B will destroy them.

Sounds cool and all, but fights aren't fought with ranking nor on paper. Seems like you are way too in love with rankings.

#13 ·
Brown is a big step down for Condit, plus his fight style is taylor made for Condit to Destroy.. Give brown a winnable fight, and keep Condit active with someone else... Lets hope Lawler gets injured and we can see our Rory Condit rematch.

#14 ·
No I don't want Lawler to get hurt as I think he could knock Rorys head off. The Condit/Rory fight will happen regardless of their records.

Also its looking like Tarec will be the next guy fighting Brown. In that case I'd like to see Condit rematch Diaz :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.