MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Pettis vs Hendo III or Pettis vs Aldo (Champ vs Champ)

View Single Post

Old 09-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Two things, one he isn't the number one contender, he earned a title shot against Benson Henderson. He needs another win to become the number one contender.

Champion: Benson Henderson

Gilbert Melendez
Anthony Pettis
TJ Grant
Josh Thomson
Gray Maynard
Rafael dos Anjos (+4)
Nate Diaz
Jim Miller
Donald Cerrone (-3)
Pat Healy (-1)

Also Pettis/Aldo isn't a "superfight" it's Aldo fighting for the title. I don't get why people don't want to give Jose Aldo the opportunity to win two titles. His win over Edgar was much more decisive than Henderson's wins that alone should merit him a title shot.
Well I consider the guy who earned his title shot the number one contender, but I guess that is open for interpretation. Gil is coming off of a loss, and whether it was a close decision or not, I wouldn't consider him ahead of Grant until he gets that win over Sanchez, and even then, neither would be ahead of the other. It's not set in stone yet. Grant is the number one contender in my eyes at 155. Agree to disagree brah.

I actually read this thread thinking Pettis would go down in weight, maybe a dyslexic moment. The only reason I'd even want to see Aldo go straight for the lightweight title ahead of everyone else at the moment is because of the great chance that he won't fade in the later rounds like he has been at 145. We should look at injury time lines. I can see Pettis being a frustrating champion.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Diego Sanchez
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote