MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - views on the caveman diet

View Single Post

Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
I have done paleo for several years. It's not necessarily a weight loss diet, but avoiding grains, beans, and refined sugar does effectively cut a lot of empty calories out of your meals, so it definitely can be. Some people have problems with it because all of a sudden you can't eat the bun with your burger or the rice with your stir fry and culturally we are pretty heavily indoctrinated into eating that stuff. It's a little weird at first, making tuna salad and then eating it with a fork instead of in a sandwich, but you get used to it.

You eat a lot of meat, veggies, fruits, and nuts, which is awesome, and when you're sidestepping all those carbs you can eat a lot more without worry. I cook with bacon grease regularly, which sounds like it should be really unhealthy, but my resting heart rate and blood pressure are considerably better than before I went paleo. I also cheat though, because I can't give up cheese

Over all I think it's actually a relatively easy diet to adhere to, since you still have a lot of delicious options, and you feel pretty damn good to boot. Go for it!