Who would win?

• Mark Hunt

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Cabbage Correira

Votes: 4 20.0%

Mark Hunt v Wesley Corrierra

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Unforgiven 
#1 ·
Todays fight is the battle of the chins. The score is UFC: 2, PRIDE: 4.

Representing PRIDE:
Mark Hunt (5-2-0)
Vitals: 5'10" 250lbs (113kg)
Style: Kickboxing (sorta)
Streak: 1 loss (Won 4 of his last 5 fights)
Fact: Hunt has fought PRIDE greats like Lightheavyweight Champion Wanderlei Silva and Mirko "Cro-cop" Filipovic, but has never been knocked out.

Representing the UFC:
Wesley "Cabbage" Correira (18-11-0)
Vitals: 6'3" 260lbs (118kg)
Style: Hawaiian Kempo (kinda)
Streak: 1 win (has won 2 of his last 5 fights)
Fact: Cabbage has stood in the ring with power strikers like Tim Sylvia, Tank Abbott and Andrei Arlovski. He has, however, lost to all of them.

#6 ·
MMA freak said:
Cabbage shouldn't count as UFC, he now fights in ROTR and Strikeforce, the last UFC event he was in was 47.

And as far as this goes Mark Hunt would definitely win. At least he strikes. Cabbage just relies on his chin to keep him up and strike back. It would be a stand up fight (Hunt specialty) and Hunt would destroy Cabbage. Either a second round TKO or unanimous decision either way Wesley will be demolished.
Though it's true that Cabbage only has four UFC fights, I can't name a fighter at the heavyweight level with a better chin, at least in the UFC. Plus, all of his UFC fights have been against UFC icons, except Sean Alvarez. He lasted a pretty long time with two UFC heavyweight champions, even though he was pretty mucha punching bag.

#8 ·
Hunt by tko. All cabbage can do is sit there and take a punch. all hunt has to do is get 1 good shot in enough to stun and then bring down the rain. referee would stop.

#9 ·
cabbage makes his living by taking a beating. And that's what he would do. He has a good chin but gets knocked out every once and a while. Tank who has horrible boxing skills knocked him out. Tank is all power. Hunt is power and skill plus he has great kicks. Cabbage is toast.

#10 ·
Actually, if this fight goes to the ground (yeah right) I give it to Cabbage via submission. He trains with BJ Penn, which I thought was surprising, but he never seems too get submitted.

Yeah, I give Hunt the better chin and the better striking skills.

Hunt via TKO.

#14 ·
jdun11 said:
ironman wat part of boston u from?? im from everett, u near there?
My longtime gf used to go to Harvard, so we lived on campus there. I recently moved back to my hometown. Oakland, CA.

The score is now PRIDE:5, UFC:2

#17 ·
Cabbage doesn't even know how to fight and Joe Rogan even called him a goon that is just a brawler without mentioning his name at UFC 45 after that disrespectful stupid dance.

Hunt has a way better chin too. But Cabbage punches pretty hard he rocked Sylvia and Abbott. But that would do nothing to Hunt. And Hunt knows how to strike. Cabbage just knees and punches while used as a punching bag. Hunt would win TKO Strikes or KO Punch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.