MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #36 (permalink)
amoosenamedhank
Featherweight

amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Great job by Glover, rolled with the punches against the cage then landed the perfect combo. Was not in trouble during that last stage of the fight. Bader once again shows he is more athlete than fighter.

Tex got tagged earlier, but if this makes you feel like all of a sudden Glover has no chin and no chance at the title, you have a lot to learn about fighting.
Bader hits hard so I would never say he's got a weak chin. I just think he's got some holes in his strike defense.

It was good to see him mix it up with some higher competition but it also showed him some things he needs to work on.

I think Tex's biggest issue is going to become age. He's 33 (34 in one month) and I know it's be done before, but I think he's going to go down as another one of those fighters that you wish had put this all together in their 20s.

Glover had some Visa issues that kept him out of the US, which is a huge shame seeing that he lost 6 of his peak years.

A fight will always be a fight, but I didn't see anything tonight that I think Jones should be overly worried about.
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote