MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #38 (permalink)
dvonfunk
Flyweight

dvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
I'm pretty sure Grant will look to close the distance immediately and look for a submission. Very interesting fight. I'd favor Bendo over Grant because of his athleticism and strength. Pettis is far more versatile, but Grant is extremely strong.

Age old contest of keeping his distance vs someone who wants to close the distance. Sturdy test for the newly crowned champion.
Exactly this. If Grant's going to find a way to win, he's got to close the distance and work his clinch/dirty boxing game. Ideally, he's got to keep Pettis up against the cage and work his short hooks and uppercuts as well as knees and punches to the body. If he makes Pettis work all fight and mixes in his takedowns so that Pettis has to defend them, he's got a shot. He needs to vary his attack and he can't give Pettis any room to breathe. Easier said than done, though. Exciting match-up between two incredibly well-rounded fighters.

No idea how this ended up in the wrong thread, seeing as how I was replying to someone's post. The site's acting up on me right now. Sorry all.
dvonfunk is offline   Reply With Quote