MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #54 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420atalon View Post
Jones is a good fighter but does have some weaknesses. His striking actually isn't that great, it is unpredictable and can be devastating but his actual form isn't great and good strikers can take advantage of that(Machida showed us this).

I think Gus is actually good enough to beat Jones in a striking match but I don't think Jones will let him do so as I don't think Gus will be able to avoid Jones' takedowns and ground game.
I think your memory is a little wrong, here is the fight metric for Lyoto vs JBJ:

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3678

Lyoto landed 13 strikes over the course of the whole fight. Lyoto literally had to sprint at JBJ to hit him, meanwhile JBJ attacked safely from range. Gus isn't a sprinter, and even then JBJ has already seen that trick so I am sure he would be ready.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote