MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #92 (permalink)
slapshot
Super Heavyweight

slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
First Bader was like "I'm gonna hit ya!" but then Glover was all "How about I hit you back!" and I was like "Dayyyyyyyyyum!".

(I don't normally talk like this)
I find this post amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaJade View Post
I think people were caught up in the fact that Machida was actually competitive with Jones in the first round while many were expecting him to get steamrolled. At that point, Machida was really the first guy to show any kind of resistance to Jones (until the second round) but I wouldn't quite say Machida "won the round".
And that's my point it wasn't a round that showed us some aspect of Jones's game that fighters can take advantage of, it was just them not engaging, because neither fighter DID anything that damaged the opponent. Machida wasn't dominating him he didn't do any damage to Jones in that round.
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote