MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #117 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
The finish was impressive but he was getting worked for the most part by Ryan Bader standing before that. I like Tex but the more I see of him the more it becomes clear he is the Kampmann of LHW. Good to really good in every area but also very vulnerable at the highest level because of poor striking defense and wrestling that is solid but not overwhelming. He is lucky that the division is kind of mediocre right now with so many of the top guys aging poorly and no super talented young guys outside of Bones and Gus.
Difference is, once Kampmann has taken some blows and is backed onto the fence, its usually the end for him. Never has he pulled out of trouble from that position via a decent counter let alone finish the fight.

That Tex was in trouble is exactly what gives me confidence. Because if there's one thing I know for sure, its that Tex is going to be in a lot of trouble against Bones. Being under pressure and still be able to retaliate successfully is an essential ingredient if anybody hopes to beat Jones. Tex, to me, proved he has that ingredient.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote