MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #132 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Damn. So, that means even if Jones crushes Gus I don't get to be impressed, right?
Kidding. I know that, but Gus still is a big fella.
Oh no doubt, I am just trying to keep certain facts in check that seem to be getting out of control. Some people seem to think that Jones will only have a slight reach advantage of Gus, or that Gus is the young hungry challenger, etc. The reality is that Gus faces a lot of the exact same obstacles other opponents of JBJ face. Gus isn't lucky in that he happens to share the reach or anything like that.

Gus is a big dude, his legs are obviously more full the JBJ's, but he is still facing a massive reach disadvantage and while they are the same age it "seems" like JBJ has been facing the top competition longer while Gus is just breaking into it.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote