MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #135 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
It's the "top competition" Jones faced I don't buy it. Ok, top for the absence of better fighters, I get it, but c'omon:

Brandon Vera? Grandpa Matyushenko? Object of this thread Ryan Bader? Guy who looks like Shogun? Rampage? Machida? Post Machida Rashad? Broken hand Vitor? Chael Fecking Sonnen?

Jones is better than all of the above mentioned guys. That's all I can reckon. Impressed? Not as much.

Gus and Tex are fights I am anxious to happen for the quality and regularity of their records.
1) I find it hilarious we are still arguing in this thread.

2) You were not impressed by JBJ? Shogun survived 4 rounds of the Hendo bomb but JBJ made him tap. JBJ beat (finished) Lyoto within 2 rounds, it took Shogun 6. Vitor and Sonnen I'll give you, but when he fought Bader he was the next in line for a title shot after Rashad.

The Evans fight I will give you, he was not that impressive and seemed to not want that fight. I'm not sure if it was due to some loyalty issue, training nightmares, or what. But otherwise JBJ has brought the fight to everyone and finished them. He doesn't eek out decisions (other than Bader and his early fight with Bonnar), he goes in and beats wholesale ass. He also finished Vitor and Sonnen like they weren't even in his league, and other than the surprise arm bar attempt by Vitor he was in no other danger those fights. Hell, he was still throwing the arm that had just been getting torqued on.

I am not excited at all for Gus or Tex, I just don't think they have anything to bring to the table that we haven't seen JBJ handle with ease already. I will say though, I cannot offer any alternative fights for him to take. I understand the fights have to happen, I just don't see why people think they stand more of a chance then they do.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote