MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #138 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
The finish was impressive but he was getting worked for the most part by Ryan Bader standing before that. I like Tex but the more I see of him the more it becomes clear he is the Kampmann of LHW. Good to really good in every area but also very vulnerable at the highest level because of poor striking defense and wrestling that is solid but not overwhelming. He is lucky that the division is kind of mediocre right now with so many of the top guys aging poorly and no super talented young guys outside of Bones and Gus.
I see what you are trying to say. But I don't think he is as similar to Kampmann as you make it out. He seems to be much more of a finisher with actual power in his hands. And he has been rocked but he isn't getting finished like Kampann.

I don't understand this lack of defense thing. He got punched what? Once by Maldonado? The whole fight? When he got complacent. Bader is like the only fight where he was in any sort of trouble. And I think he just started slow. But the one punch Fabio landed, people need to get over. He got punched ONCE the whole fight, then immediately went on to continue to dominate.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote