MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #139 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
the reason I feel Jones is worthy of his praise is for 2 reasons:

1. the names you mentioned are all pros in the best league in the sport, Jones has dominated every single person he's fought. Machida made it look close, sort of, for part of a round. Just because he's not getting the absolute best in the divisions history doesn't take that much away from him because;

2. he's faced every person the UFC put in front of him eagerly. I think it's not merely the case that the guys you mentioned are that bad, it's that Jones makes them look bad. Rashad, Rampage etc. would still be in the mix if it weren't for Jones. He made Machida and Shogun look like amateurs, both of whom were supposed to be phenoms. Seems to me that Jones is making these guys look bad so it makes both himself and his opponents look bad. I agree the opponents aren't the top the division has ever had to offer but he's fighting everyone and beating them handily, you can't really ask more of the guy and there's nobody at LHW that is a favorite over him in the world. Jones is the next generation version of an mma fighter; dynamic, big, strong, tough and adaptable. Nobody else even comes close to that, when you put a guy like that up against someone like a one dimensional Rampage it just demonstrates how bad Rampage actually is.
I am not asking more from Bones. He is doing what he is supposed to do. As I said before...

HTML Code:
Jones is better than all of the above mentioned guys. That's all I can reckon. Impressed? Not as much.