MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #141 (permalink)
Voiceless
Welterweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
Seeing his toe come through the skin and he hardly even flinched, that's a scary person to have to be in a cage with.
Do you mean his toe injury in the Sonnen fight¿ He didn't see it during the fight and after the fight when he had seen it, he went quite into literal shock while talking to Rogan.

Quote:
I completely get what you mean though, technically he doesn't stand out particularly in one single aspect (as Silva and GSP do) and he lacks the one punch power.
His Greco-wrestling stands out, so does his range work. He already has pretty good timing which helps him to disrupt his opponent's attack and rhythm. And he has a pretty good instinctual fighting creativity, which I think will develop even more. I don't know whether he can catch up with Silva's 2 decades of more striking experience, but I think we will see Jones improve in that area significantly during the next 4 years.