MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GTA V - The most expensive Video Game in History (by far)

View Single Post

Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
they went for realism over fun ten fold.
This. I cannot stand this in games these days. Games want to be more like movies and then fail to produce the fun/game factor. If I want to watch a movie I'll watch a movie. I play games for crazy worlds/gameplay, I want to dive into a world with crazy stuff going on. I can't stand games that try for realism over gameplay/fun.

I mean "realism" isn't a bad thing so long as the core of the game is designed around being a game, which means gameplay. GTA4 was about driving around in your boring ass car around a boring ass city while you talk on your phone and browse the internet. There were a few rare interesting missions but for the most part the game just wasn't any good.

I don't expect GTA5 to change that, at least not enough to hold my interest passed the half way mark without a buddy playing through it with me.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote