Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Stephan Bonnar Test Positive for Steroids

4K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  cooley 
#1 ·
After his fight with Forrest Griffin at UFC 62, Stephan Bonnar had to give a urine sample and it tested positive for Boldenone, a type of steroid that is used to treat injured horses. A complaint was filed against Stephan Bonnar by the Nevada State Atheltic Commission. Bonnar could be fined up to $250,000.

I hope that this is a mistake considering he is one of my favorite fighters!:( Anyways, what are your thoughts on this matter!

Heres the link to the article
MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

#28 ·
Not Judging him, just giving my opinion on someone who was trying to cheat there way to a win. That I am sure is what it looks like to most MMA fans. It is a let down for ANY fighter that is looked upon alot by the younger generation to be seen trying to take an easy way. But God Bless you for your opinion I thank you for it. Why cant someone using a quote from a bible verse say loser if you do not mind me asking??

#29 ·
Python said:
Why cant someone using a quote from a bible verse say loser if you do not mind me asking??
You asked, so here are my thoughts.
To call someone a loser is disrespecting & belittling that person. A loser is known as a failure. God wants us to be uplifting and to help others. God does not want us to talk down upon others and make them look or feel "small." For you to quote scripture from The Holy Bible and then call someone a loser is not what a true christian would do. True meaning 100%, doing everything possible to make wise decisions. Not using typical human thoughts, but using God's wisdom. As christians we must step up and do things most wouldn't normally do. For example, cussing. I used to cuss like a sailor. I knew God didn't want me to do this so I stopped. This was a decision I made to make God happy with me.

Sorry so long and have a great day!

#30 ·
enoeht said:
You asked, so here are my thoughts.
To call someone a loser is disrespecting & belittling that person. A loser is known as a failure. God wants us to be uplifting and to help others. God does not want us to talk down upon others and make them look or feel "small." For you to quote scripture from The Holy Bible and then call someone a loser is not what a true christian would do. True meaning 100%, doing everything possible to make wise decisions. Not using typical human thoughts, but using God's wisdom. As christians we must step up and do things most wouldn't normally do. For example, cussing. I used to cuss like a sailor. I knew God didn't want me to do this so I stopped. This was a decision I made to make God happy with me.

Sorry so long and have a great day!

No doubt, I understand where you are coming from and I to am striving to make my walk stronger with Christ, but just like everyone else I slipped up. I GREATLY appreciate you pointing it out to me, I actually wish more people would do that. I used to cuss like a sailor, and i was a sailor but it still dose not give me or anyone else the right to do so. But I just want to say thanks again. take care and seeyou around/

#33 ·
you've done it now!

putmeonhold said:
They should come out with a b-side MMA federation called "Steroid MMA" and just let anyone who wants to juice - juice it up. Knockin sucka's heads off with one puch. LOL:laugh:
Now that you have brought up a new way for them (ufc, pride, etc.) to make money, they will be looking into it! lol Another good name could be "Juicers".

#37 ·
Do you guys think Bonnar would have been stopped by KO,TKO,etc. had'nt it been for the steriods or would the outcome be about the same? I dont know too much about steriods accept that they beefs dudes up .Did it really increase his game even though he got beat up by Griffen badly?

#38 ·
MMA1990 said:
Do you guys think Bonnar would have been stopped by KO,TKO,etc. had'nt it been for the steriods or would the outcome be about the same? I dont know too much about steriods accept that they beefs dudes up .Did it really increase his game even though he got beat up by Griffen badly?

I think there’s a psychological advantage for Bonnar which is not right. He is sitting there knowing he’s on the "gas" and feels unstoppable.
Had he won, he'd likely continue his drug usage feeling that it gave him that competitive edge, but he lost, so maybe he'll scrap that stuff.

I believe all the fighters should be tested for steroid use, its cheating.

Mind you, maybe he has asthma and he’s been prescribed a inhaled steroid puffer, not sure if that would constitute “steroid usage for a competitive edge”… I just don’t know enough to comment on that.

#39 ·
MMA1990 said:
When I was in high school there was one guy in particular I remember that was on roids. He was a real nice guy, but the slightest thing would make him mad (angry) to the point that he wanted to fight. Roids make the adrenaline flow easier. This also helps with the increase in muscle and strength. All I can say is Bonnar must not have used much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.