MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Currently Reading?

View Single Post

Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #608 (permalink)
Freelancer
Lightweight

Freelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post

They decided to do a prequel to Watchmen taking a series of characters and telling "early" stories. Most of it is completely unappealing to me and Silk Spectre is a perfect example for why. Prequel's normally just feel unimportant and disposable. However the Minutemen story is utterly fantastic as it fills in the gaps/mysteries from Watchmen. It actually adds and advances the story and while you see the big twist coming miles away you are very happy with the execution of said twist.
I am very skeptical about prequels in general, and even more when they try to expand stories which I feel are closely detailed already(you know how well explained the universe of Watchmen is, along with it's characters). But I'll probably read these prequels eventually.