MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of Knowledge
I'm not sure what to expect in this fight. Maia has been rag dolling strong wrestlers at 170, but Shields is good at winning ugly. I could see him trying to press Maia up against the cage for five rounds and making this a boring grinder. That being said, I'll still pick Maia to win. He's good at getting guys down from the clinch, and he's proven that at 170, someone being a better wrestler than him means nothing. What he did to Fitch and Story can't be overlooked. Fitch is a seasoned grinder who has imposed his wrestling on many great fighters at 170, and Story is a very strong wrestler himself and Maia made them both look otherwise.

This will be an interesting match up.

1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Diego Sanchez
3. Glover Teixeira
4. John Dodson
5. Michael Bisping
6. Jon "Bones" Jones
7. Nate Diaz
8. Nick Diaz
9. Demian Maia
10. Dong Hyun Kim
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote