MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I need help (foot, knee and fist conditioning)

View Single Post

Old 06-19-2007, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447
I have a question about conditioning my fists, feet and knees.

Is there a way to condition my fists. knees and and feet to be sort of immune to pain from constant kicking and kneeing and puching? For example is their a way to build callouses on your feet or fists so as when you kick the botton of a heavy bag where it is usually the hardest, you don't have to limp around or suffer injuries to your instep or possibly break a toe???

Please If you have any info, reads, articles, vids, products, any info would be apprectiated
National Geographic released a documentary a while ago on the science behind martial arts and one of the segments was on this kind of conditioning.

The theory that they use in Thailand is if you do it enough it's the same as working a muscle, it continues to get stronger so that your body stops responding to the pain and your bones reform themselves so that they become stronger.

I'm not a biologist, but I definitely suggest checking out the National Geographic documentary. Maybe someone else on here has the title.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote