MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I need help (foot, knee and fist conditioning)

View Single Post

Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
RKiller
Amateur

RKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enoughRKiller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
National Geographic released a documentary a while ago on the science behind martial arts and one of the segments was on this kind of conditioning.

The theory that they use in Thailand is if you do it enough it's the same as working a muscle, it continues to get stronger so that your body stops responding to the pain and your bones reform themselves so that they become stronger.

I'm not a biologist, but I definitely suggest checking out the National Geographic documentary. Maybe someone else on here has the title.
I think you are talking about Fight Science. To the poster, yes you can strengthen your bones so they hit harder, killing the nerve endings makes it hurt less. I would highly suggest to learn these techniques for bone strengthening from an instructor in real life...can be pretty dangerous if you don't do it correctly.
RKiller is offline   Reply With Quote