MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - In shape Roy Nelson
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 AM
El Bresko
....Omar Comin'
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
I've always wanted to try those weight vests. I figured I'd last about three minutes of intensive training.

Who here has naturally good cardio. You get a big sob comment from me then, cuz my conditioning has always been like well...prolly better than Matt Serra's brother. Nothing is worse than that...lolz!
I have pretty good cardio at the moment and I smoke bud every day and haven't trained vigorously since Thailand, just sparring and shadow because my heavy bag finally gave in.

I do go on 20-30km nature hikes pretty often aswell though and altitude is good for lung capacity.

I am lucky to be able to get super fit really quickly, like when I first went to Thailand on the most recent trip I was in poor condition and threw up during my first two sessions of hard sparring/clinch work, but after those two I was good to go.

I think you have to train pretty hard to be able to do that though, I push myself and I think mental strength is probably the biggest factor in terms of improving cardio. That inability to quit forces you to swim, sinking is no longer an option.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome