MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Preassure Points??

View Single Post

Old 06-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
DAT
MMA Fanatic

DAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A HugDAT Needs A Hug
"All those points are commonly hit by accident causing a knockout."

"Accident" being the operative word. I know you were talking about "that" nerve cluster, I was making the point that based on your list of pressure points that is the only one that is used on a regular basis with some degree of effectiveness. The others, though devastating at times, cannot be targeted successfully at a high percentage and thus pressure point usage in mma is a hit or miss proposition at best.

Bottom line, I don't see George Dillman and his co-horts being summoned to the Militich or Bas Ruttan's camp for pressure point seminars. There is too much out there that is much higher on the totem pole of effectiveness.

Street application against an unsuspecting adversary, that's a whole nother story and a whole nother thread.