MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Mark Coleman coaching for Team Penn on TUF 19

View Single Post

Old 10-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
onip69
Bantamweight

onip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Mark Coleman coaching for Team Penn on TUF 19

Quote:

Mark Coleman coaching for Team Penn on TUF 19
October 14th 2013

Mark Coleman will be back on television screens soon as the wrestling coach for BJ Penn’s team in the upcoming TUF19 season.

Penn reached out to Coleman recently and ‘The Hammer’ says he was “honored” to accept the role. He last fought in February 2010, a loss to Randy Couture at UFC 109.

“Me and BJ Penn have been friends since the beginning of this thing, and I consider him a great friend…I’m honored that he respects me enough to handle this position. I don’t take it lightly. It’s going to be a serious job to me out there,” Coleman tells FOX Sport’s Damon Martin.

“I’m hoping to do my best to turn one of these guys into a champion… I’ve always wanted to be able to give back somehow, and one of the few ways I can give back in general is to help kids like this achieve their goals.”

Penn is coaching opposite former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar, who took the lightweight title from Penn at UFC 112 and defended it successfully in their immediate rematch.

This time they are both down at 145lbs. Penn has said he won’t be able to retire comfortably until he gets on back against Edgar. They will fight in April 2014 after the series finishes airing on FOX.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...penn-on-tuf-19
onip69 is offline   Reply With Quote