MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is it good to reboot a series?

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bonnar426
The American Psycho

Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Is it good to reboot a series?

I was just playing a game called Obscure which was this horror survival game that takes place in a school invested with monsters.

The game did have somethings going for it like being the only survival horror game to have co-op and a cool soundtrack. The rest of the game was pretty forgettable. Despite this the game still managed to get a cult following which prompted a sequel. After Obscure 2 the franchise pretty much dropped off the map until it was announced that a Obscure reboot would be released within the year. Fans of Obscure were happy to hear this thinking they might get a game with a little more depth, better controls, better graphics, better everything. That was until they saw the trailer of course...

A strange reboot for something that was originally a horror game. Fans of the series were up at arms about this?

I guess the question I want to ask is if remaking a video game franchise good? I know they tried it with Silent Hill and the response was "Meh". Fans of Devil May Cry hated the new Dante. Were their any remakes or reboots that you liked? Are their franchises that you would love to see remade? Or is it wise to leave the franchise alone?