MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - (Video) First Scottish UFC fighter Robert Whiteford talks fight with Jimi Hettes

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
BrianRClover
Welterweight

BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLOST View Post
Why is it always a big deal when a some fighter from some country that hasnt been represented in the Octagon yet gets fight? I mean who cares what country he is from? Can he fght? Okay lets see it. Country, Race, and culture has nothing to do with it. I cant wait for the day when they make a big to do about the first fighter from Tanzania gets in lol. Ridiculous.
They make a big deal out of it because a lot of countries that do not have strong MMA markets have a very select group of fighters to represent them, if any at all.

If you are born and raised in the U.S., Brazil, Japan, etc... these days you can pretty much go downtown to any major city, throw a rock and hit a MMA gym... whereas, in some places... guys still have to travel half a days drive just to find a MMA gym... much like it was here in the states only 15 years ago.

At least that's why I think they make a big deal out of it. We have several members around here from smaller sports market countries, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as why have the national pride? If that's your question really... that will never go away, people like to fly their countries flags when it comes to competing in international sports like MMA. That will never go away, so get used to it.

Just my .02 cents of course
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote