MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - My new sessions
Thread: My new sessions
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
I had meant to say thai pads, El Bresko. Sorry, not focus mitts. Sorry for the confusing.

If by a 'real muay thai gym' you mean a gym specifically geared towards muay thai then no, I am not in a muay thai gym, i'm in a MMA gym with a emphasis on BJJ. It's 60% BJJ and the rest striking arts. The muay thai instructor has had extensive experience in muay thai having trained and competed in thailand, so it's not like he is a poser or something. This is a REAL camp, not some boxercise class.

By devasting technique Life B I guess I mean I want to learn more about clinch fighting, but a teammate told me that I would have to go to the 'intermediate or advanced' classes for that. I don't seen why a beginner can't be taught the clinch??

That said, I think you guys are right. I think the point in muay thai/boxing is to drill drill so everything becomes natural and second nature and I will stick witht that for the time being.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome