• Miguel Torres

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Roger Huerta

Votes: 5 31.3%

Who's had the biggest fall from grace.

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  No_Mercy 
#1 ·
Miguel Torres or Roger Huerta?

Miguel considered a P4P great, once 37-1, now losing on the WSOF Prelims to a relatively unknown fighter with a 8-5 record. And getting finished in the 1st round as well.

Roger Huerta, once 20-1, SI cover star. The UFC's most marketable up-and-comer last seen getting soccer-kicked into defeat in ONE FC over a year ago. 1-6 in his last seven.

Which was worse?

#2 ·
I did an article on this before no the meteoric rise and fall of some of the greatest fighters. It would definitely be Miguel as a former champion and P4P ranked fighter.

Huerta was one of my favorites. Wonder why they never pitted him against Diego...actually he left. I don't know what's going on with him. He dated Arianny, close to contending the title, then he loses to Kenflo and in the Bellator tourney. On top of that his friendship dissolved with Mike Swift along with their Muay Thai school in Thailand.

Everybody hurts.

#3 ·
...Roger Huerta was but honestly the hardest fall from grace has to be Fedor Emelianenko. To achieve so much and fall short of the super bowl of MMA just isn't right. I'm glad Dana put Fedor's KO of Rogers on the 100 list. Well deserved. It was all down hill for Fedor after that...

#4 ·
Miguel Torres' fall from grace has been pretty bad.
To go from a guy who was a former world champion to someone who is now losing to second rate guys on a second tier organization's prelims is pretty rough.

I was a huge Roger Huerta fan, but I knew the minute he fought anyone decent he would be in trouble. I made a lot of money off of the Florian fight. But still I don't know what happened with him.

Some of the more recent guys have been Fedor, Overeem, Joe Stevenson, Sotiropolous and Frank Mir.

#6 ·
Between the two it has to be Torres. Personally, I think Cro Cop's fall was harder then anybodies. The same guy that made Josh Barnett and Wanderlei Silva look like chumps started losing to middle tier and unproven fighters. It was just painful to watch. At least when Fedor fell he lost to some accomplished MMA fighters.

#7 ·
Between the two it has to be Torres. Personally, I think Cro Cop's fall was harder then anybodies. At least when Fedor fell he lost to some accomplished MMA fighters. Cro Cop was losing to middle tier and unproven fighters. It was just painful to watch.
Yeah there have been some painful falls. Chuck losing to Jardine was a low moment for me. Jens losing to Louzon was another painful one.

#12 ·
Roger Huerta no question. I feel like Torres is one of those guys that's just ending his career on a downswing. But he's still going to be considered a champion and one of the ten greatest fighters in his weight class. Roger Huerta is in that very dark place of guys that where built up and flopped.

Mark Kerr, Kimbo Slice, Tank Abbott, Bob Sapp, Kimo Leopoldo, Brandon Vera, Keith Jardine, Karo Parisyan, Sokoudjou, Tyson Griffin and Houston Alexander

Torres is just like Kid Yamamoto, Mirko Cro-Cop, Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock, Don Frye, and Chuck Liddell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.